Simon is a banking and finance lawyer with around twenty years’ experience in advising lenders and borrowers on traditional lending, structured finance, and real estate finance matters. He has particular expertise in non-traditional financing methods including offshore lending structures.
A specialist in corporate lending, real estate finance, investment funds and debt issuances, Simon acts for domestic and international institutions, including, banks, insurance companies, trustees and high-net-worth individuals (both as lenders and borrowers), advising on both offshore and onshore structures.
Simon’s varied career has included spending periods in-house at a large global investment bank, a FTSE-listed mortgage funder, a large independent fund administrator, and more recently an offshore insurer.
- Asset and receivables financing
- Corporate lending to SMEs and larger corporates
- Real estate finance – investment and development
- Investment funds
- Peer to peer lending structures
- Enforcement of security and security reviews
- Secured bond issuance
- Green energy project financing